The Teaching Collection contains the most in-demand books at Mile End Library. It provides easy access to high demand books for undergraduates and taught postgraduates.
What is in the Teaching Collection?
- Contents chosen using course reading lists
- Study Skills, Quick Reference, Careers and Well-being books and Holds awaiting collection are at the beginning of the collection
- DVDs and CDs are at the back of the collection near the audio-visual equipment
How does the Teaching Collection work?
- All items can be borrowed
- Loan periods vary, but are mostly either
- One day loan
- One week loan
- Multiple copies of items
- Holds can be placed for most items, except for one day loan books
- Renewals are available for most items, except for one day loan books
- Fines will be charged for late return of items
Where is the Teaching Collection?
- At Mile End Library in the Teaching Collection area at the south end of the Ground Floor
How to get a text into the Teaching Collection
- We add all copies of the latest edition of works designated essential, recommended or core reading on readling lists received by the Library or entered in Reading Lists Online