Databases are excellent sources of good quality information. Below are a range of databases relevant to Politics.
- Academic Search Complete: A multi-disciplinary database which provides full-text coverage of over 4,450 scholarly publications, more than 3,500 of them peer-reviewed. [Senate House Library]
- Box of Broadcasts (BOB): Innovative shared online off-air TV and radio recording service for UK higher and further education institutions. Choose and record any broadcast programme from 60+ TV and radio channels, schedule recordings in advance, edit programmes into clips, create playlists, embed clips into QMplus, share what you are watching with others and search a growing archive of material. Discover more about BOB National features by viewing their Video Tutorials.
- Business Source Complete: Full-text coverage for more than 1,800 peer-reviewed business and social science journals. In addition, this database offers indexing and abstracts for many more journals, plus 17,000 detailed company profiles for the world's largest companies.
- Emerald: Full-text coverage of over 150 titles, including social and international economics.
- Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) Daily Reports: A US government agency which translates the text of daily radio and television broadcasts, newspapers and periodicals, government statements, books, and other sources of unrestricted information from non-English sources around the world.
- Greenfile: Content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling and more.
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers (HCPP): Includes over 200,000 House of Commons sessional papers. Coverage from 1715 to 2005, with supplementary material back to 1688.
- JSTOR: Provides access to the full text of many core journals in the Politics area. It is searchable by author and subject.
- Nexis UK: Access to regional, national and global newspapers, global financial and company information, market research data. Video Tutorials
- Oxford Reference: An online resource that brings together two million digitised entries across Oxford’s dictionaries, companions and encyclopedias. Best for checking a fact or finding key information on a person, concept or term.
- Project Muse: Provides full-text access to a collection of more than 300 journals in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: Search for dissertations and theses from across the world. [Senate House Library]
- Scopus: A multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library is via the "Library - check full text" button. Video Tutorial
- Statista: Provides statistical data from a wide range of international sources on populations, industries, economics, media, public opinion, companies, politics, lifestyles and many other topics. Video Tutorial
- The Times Digital Archive: 1785-2011 (and rolling) provides access to a library of back issues of the newspaper online plus searchable images from the microfilm collection of The Times.
- Web of Science: A multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library is the via "Library - check full text" button. Video Tutorial
The databases listed above are only a small part of the database collections at QMUL and Senate House Libraries. You can find the full list of databases available at QMUL via the Library's A-Z List of Electronic Journals and Databases. If the topic you are studying crosses a number of different subject areas, you may find it helpful to check the other Library Subject Guide pages for useful resources, contacts and information.