In addition to the QMUL Library collections, you may be able to access other libraries to find further resources relevant to your subject. Information about the British Library, Senate House Library and the Copac Library catalogue is listed here and further information about accessing other University Libraries is here.
There are also the following specialist libraries relevant to Medicine :
Wellcome Library, 183 Euston Road, London.
- Houses collections of books, manuscripts, archives, films and pictures on the history of medicine from the earliest times to the present day.
- Reference use is free and without appointment.
King's Fund Library, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London
- Specialises in healthcare management, community care, purchasing, health economics and the social aspects of healthcare.
- Anyone is welcome to visit.
- Their team of expert librarians is on hand to advise and assist the searching of information.
BMA library, BMA House, Tavistock Square, London.
- A private library for members of the BMA, its staff and other institutional users.
- Members of the public who wish to use the library must purchase a daily readers' ticket.
Royal Society of Medicine Library, 1 Wimpole Street, London.
- One of the largest postgraduate medical libraries in the UK with both research and historical collections.
- Temporary membership is available to non-members of the RSM for a fee and allows reference access to the collections.
Royal College of Surgeons Library, 34-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London.
- Extensive library of surgical literature that ranges in scope from the late 15th century onwards.
- Access is available to non-members by appointment and may be subject to a charge.
Royal College of Physicians Library, 11 St Andrew's Place, London.
- Houses a complete set of college publications, clinical journals, broadsheet newspapers and books on health policy, public health, evidence-based medicine and research methodology and management techniques.
- Provides a range of services some of which are available to the general public.