A range of high-quality resources for Mathematical Sciences are available on the web. Start exploring them here:
General journal directories
- Journals TOC: Service which provides access to table of contents of many journals.
- TechExpo DIRECTORY OF ENGINEERING AND SCIENTIFIC TRADE TECHNICAL MAGAZINES: A (if some what dated) listing of a range of trade publications, many of them freely available online.
- Coursera: Online courses some are free and some cost money (especially if you want a diploma/certificate)
- EdX: Free online courses from the top universities in the world (for a diploma/certificate it costs money.)
General Math websites
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians: Resource from Agnes Scott College which highlight the achievements of women within mathematics.
- The Encyclopedia of Mathematics: Open access reference work.
- European Mathematical Information Service: Portal to electronic maths resources. Brought by FIZ Karlsruhe.
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive: A resource from University of St Andrews, which contains biographies of many famous historical figures of Mathematics and much more.
- Mathematics WWW Virtual Library: An extensive directory of maths resources from all over the web from Florida State University.
- MIT OpenCourseWare: Mathematics: Freely available resources from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- NIST Digital Library of Mathematical Functions: Freely available online handbook.
- Wolfram MathWorld: An extensive collection of freely available mathematics resources
- Actuary.com: A comprehensive site about actuarial work, includes forum and job advertisements. Mainly a US focus, but it does cater for other nationals too.
- Government Actuary’s Department: The British government’s own Actuary Department.
- Plan my study route - IFoA: As part of becoming a Certified Actuarial Analyst or for Fellowship/Associateship/Chartered with IFoA, you will need to pass their exams. As a QMUL graduate, you can apply for an exemption to some of these exams.
Official statitistics websites
- Office for National Statistics: UK's largest collector of statistical information and its recognised national institute.
- Offstats: A rich guide to websites containing statistical information from around the world curated by the University of Auckland Library.
For more statistics website visit the Business and Finance Subject Guide on Statistical Sources
Professional organisations (UK)
- Association of Consulting Actuaries
- Edinburgh Mathematical Society
- The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications
- London Mathematical Society
- Royal Astronomical Society
- Royal Statistical Society