Databases are excellent sources of good quality information. Below are a range of databases relevant to Geography.
- Academic Search Complete: A multi-disciplinary database which provides full text for over 4,450 scholarly publications, more than 3,500 of them peer-reviewed. [Senate House Library]
- Box of Broadcasts (BOB): Innovative shared online off-air TV and radio recording service for UK higher and further education institutions. Choose and record any broadcast programme from 60+ TV and radio channels, schedule recordings in advance, edit programmes into clips, create playlists, embed clips into QMplus, share what you are watching with others and search a growing archive of material. Discover more about BoB National features by viewing their Video Tutorials.
- Business Source Complete: Full-text coverage for more than 1,800 peer reviewed business and economics journals. In addition, this database offers indexing and abstracts for over many more journals, plus 17,000 detailed company profiles for the world's largest companies.
- Digimap: Offers online mapping and data download facilities which provide maps and spatial data from Ordnance Survey, British Geological Survey, Landmark Information Group and SeaZone Ltd.
- Emerald: Full-text coverage of over 150 titles including social and international economics.
- Foreign Broadcast Infortiorvice (FBIS) Daily Reports: Is a US government agency which translates the text of daily radio and television broadcasts, newspapers and periodicals, government statements, books, and other sources of unrestricted information from non-English sources around the world.
- GreenFILE: Content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling and more.
- Media Plus: Provides a single point of access to three major multimedia archives. It enables cross-searching and exploration of TV news, documentary films, still images and classical music from the following archives: Digital Images for Education, NewsFilm Online and Film & Sound Online.
- JSTOR: Provides access to the full text of many core academic journals, books and primary sources on the arts, humanities and social sciences. Tutorials
- Nexis UK: Provides access to regional, national and global newspapers, company information, market research data and country information, including the BBC monitoring service. Video Tutorials
- Oxford Reference: An online reference that brings together 2 million digitised entries across Oxford’s Dictionaries, Companions and Encyclopedias. Best for checking a fact or finding key information on a person, concept, or term.
- Project Muse: Provides full-text access to a collection of more than 300 journals in humanities and social sciences.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: Search for dissertations and theses from across the world. [Senate House Library]
- Scopus: A multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library via "Library - check full text" button. Video Tutorial
- Statista: Provides statistical data from a wide range of international sources on populations, industries, economics, media, public opinion, companies, politics, lifestyles and many other topics. Video Tutorial
- Web of Science: A multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library via "Library - check full text" button. Video Tutorial
The databases listed above are only a small part of the database collections at QMUL and Senate House Libraries. You can find the full list of databases available at QMUL via the Library's A-Z List of Electronic Journals and Databases. If the topic you are studying crosses a number of different subject areas, you may find it helpful to check the other Library Subject Guide pages for useful resources, contacts and information.