A range of high-quality resources for Engineering and Materials Science are available on the web. Start exploring the general wesbites below.
For more subject specific websites please click on ones of these guides:
General journal directories
- Journals TOC: Service which provides access to table of contents of many journals.
- TechExpo DIRECTORY OF ENGINEERING AND SCIENTIFIC TRADE TECHNICAL MAGAZINES: A (if some what dated) listing of a range of trade publications, many of them freely available online.
- Coursera: Online courses some are free and some cost money (especially if you want a diploma/certificate)
- EdX: Free online courses from the top universities in the world (for a diploma/certificate it costs money.)
General Engineering and Material websites
- American Society for Engineering Education: The American Society for Engineering Education is committed to furthering education in engineering and engineering technology. This mission is accomplished by promoting excellence in instruction, research, public service and practice.
- eFunda: Full-text free online resources about Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Mechanics of Material, Beam Mechanics, Plate Mechanics, Column Buckling, Failure Criteria, Fracture Mechanics, Vibrations and Finance.
- ERCOFTAC: European Research Community On Flow, Turbulence And Combustion.
- Euromech: An international non-governmental non-profit scientific organization that promotes the development of mechanics as a branch of science and engineering.
- Engineering Toolbox: Tools and basic information for design, engineering and construction of technical applications.
- EngineersEdge: Full-text free online resources about applications and design, engineering analysis, products and services, engineering calculators, engineering materials and more.
- MatWeb: Online Materials Information Resource.
- TechXtra: Helps you find articles, key websites, books, the latest industry news, job announcements, ejournals, eprints, technical reports, the latest research, thesis & dissertations.
On this page professional organisations within the field of Engineering and Material Science is listed:
UK based organisations
- Engineering Council: The Engineering Council grants licenses to professional engineering institutions. On their website you can find links to many British professional organisations
Some UK organisations of special interest:
- Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Royal Aeronautical Society
- Women's Engineering Society