Databases are excellent sources of good quality information. Below are a range of databases relevant to Economics:
- ABI INFORM: Providing full text and indexing of academic journals, also includes access to the Wall Street Journal and several other business information sources. [Senate House Library]
- Box of Broadcasts (BOB): Innovative shared online off-air TV and radio recording service for UK higher and further education institutions. Choose and record any broadcast programme from 60+ TV and radio channels, schedule recordings in advance, edit programmes into clips, create playlists, embed clips into QMplus, share what you are watching with others and search a growing archive of material. Discover more about BoB National features by viewing their Video Tutorials.
- Business Source Complete: Full-text coverage for more than 1,800 peer reviewed business and economics journals. Also offers indexing and abstracts for many more journals, plus 17,000 detailed profiles for the world's largest companies.
- Emerald: Full-text coverage of over 150 titles in the fields of management, information science and engineering.
- FAME: Information on 7 million companies in the UK and Ireland including financial, stock data, market research and company news, deals and rumour information and more.
- The Financial Times: *Individual registration required. QM login required off-campus in order to register.*
- JSTOR: Provides access to the full text of many core academic journals, books and primary sources on the arts, humanities and social sciences. Tutorials
- MediaPlus: Provides access to multimedia archives. It enables cross-searching and exploration of TV news, documentary films, still images and classical music.
- Nexis UK: Provides access to regional, national and global newspapers, Global company financial , company information, market research data, and country information, including the BBC monitoring service. Video Tutorials
- Oxford Reference: An online reference that brings together 2 million digitised entries across Oxford’s Dictionaries, Companions and Encyclopedias. Best for checking a fact or finding key information on a person, concept or term.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: Search for dissertations and theses from across the world. [Senate House Library]
- Scopus: Multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library via "library - check full text" button. Video Tutorial
- Statista: Provides statistical data from a wide range of international sources on populations, industries, economics, media, public opinion, companies, politics, lifestyles and many other topics. Video Tutorial
- Web of Science: Multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library via "library - check full text" button. Video Tutorial
The databases listed above are only a small part of the database collections at QMUL and Senate House libraries. You can find the full list of databases available at QMUL via the Library's A-Z List of Electronic Journals and Databases. If the topic you are studying crosses a number of different subject areas, you may find it helpful to check the other Library Subject Guide pages for useful resources, contacts and information.