Databases are excellent sources of good quality information. Below are a range of databases relevant to Business and Management.
- ABI INFORM: Provides full text and indexing of academic journals, also includes access to the Wall Street Journal and several other business information sources. [Senate House Library]
- Box of Broadcasts (BOB): Innovative shared online off-air TV and radio recording service for UK higher and further education institutions. Choose and record any broadcast programme from 60+ TV and radio channels, schedule recordings in advance, edit programmes into clips, create playlists, embed clips into QMplus, share what you are watching with others and search a growing archive of material. Discover more about BoB National features by viewing their Video Tutorials.
- Business Source Complete: Full-text coverage for more than 1,800 peer-reviewed business and economics journals. In addition, this database offers indexing and abstracts for many more journals, plus 17,000 detailed profiles of the world's largest companies.
- Emerald: Full-text coverage of over 150 titles in the fields of management, information science and engineering.
- FAME: Information on 7 million companies in the UK and Ireland including financial, stock data, market research and company news, deals and rumour information and more.
- The Financial Times: *Individual registration required. QM login required off-campus in order to register.*
- JSTOR: Provides access to the full text of many core academic journals, books and primary sources on the arts, humanities and social sciences. Tutorials
- MediaPlus: Provides a single point of access to three major multimedia archives. It enables cross-searching and exploration of TV news, documentary films, still images and classical music from the following archives: Digital Images for Education, NewsFilm Online and Film & Sound Online.
- Nexis UK: Provides access to regional, national and global newspapers, worldwide financial and company information, market research data, and country information, including the BBC monitoring service. Video Tutorials
- Orbis Bank Focus: A new database of banks worldwide. The information is sourced by Bureau van Dijk from a combination of annual reports, information providers and regulatory sources.
- Oxford Reference: An online reference that brings together 2 million digitized entries across Oxford’s Dictionaries, Companions and Encyclopedias. Best for checking a fact or finding key information on a person, concept, or term.
- Passport: In-depth market analysis reports, major market profiles and journal articles covering consumer, industrial and service sectors. Also accessible are reports focusing on consumer lifestyles and the retailing industry and major company profiles. Help Guides and Video
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: search for dissertations and theses from across the world. [Senate House Library]
- Scopus: Multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library via "library - check full text" button. Video Tutorial
- Statista: Provides statistical data from a wide range of international sources on populations, industries, economics, media, public opinion, companies, politics, lifestyles, and many other topics. Video Tutorial
- Warc: Provides content for marketing, advertising and media research and contains over 25,000 articles, case studies, research reports and summaries covering all areas of marketing communications drawn from more than 50 leading content sources worldwide.
- Web of Science: Multi-disciplinary database containing the citations and abstracts of peer-reviewed literature. This database lists the number of times a work has been cited in other works and provides direct links to the abstracts of citing works. Access to full-text subscription content where available at QMUL Library via "library - check full text" button. Video Tutorial
The databases listed above are only a small part of the database collections at QMUL and Senate House Libraries. You can find the full list of databases available at QMUL via the Library's A-Z List of Electronic Journals and Databases. If the topic you are studying crosses a number of different subject areas, you may find it helpful to check the other Library Subject Guide pages for useful resources, contacts and information.