Purpose of the Collection
To facilitate taught students’ access to high demand texts
Criteria for inclusion
- Item is on a reading list, identified as essential or core reading
- Item is identified as supporting general study skills
- All copies of the latest editions of these items will be included in the Teaching Collection. Old editions will be removed from the Teaching Collection and returned to normal stock or withdrawn when new ones are received.
- There will be a variety of loan types to meet diverse student needs
- The collection will be housed in a convenient location, close to staffed help points and self service facilities.
- The contents of the Collection will be reviewed throughout the academic year using reading list revisions, knowledge about courses, usage data and feedback from academic staff and students.
- The Library will purchase an e-book of each title whenever available